Friday, August 5, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #14 - Glitzy Glue Dots

Week after week I continue to be blown away by all the amazing creations that end up in the CAS-ual Fridays gallery! This week's challenge is an awesome challenge. I'm sure everyone has these as a main staple in their craft supplies, but have you ever thought of making them the 'stars' of your project? Well that's exactly what you have to do for this challenge, let those glitzy glue dots sparkle and shine!


So your challenge using Glue Dots is too use them with GLITTER!! Fun and messy :)
Our sponsor this week is none other than Glue Dots themselves and there's a fab prize to be won that you should definitely check out.


The Girl Fridays were supplied with some Glue Dots from our sponsor and you should SEE all the awesome ideas that everyone came up with. Here is what I came up with:


I originally was going to do a funky background, but I was getting them stuck more on me than my project, so I switched gears and went a little more simple with flower centers and leaves. I used large Glue Dots for the big flowers and mini Glue Dots for the small flowers. For the leaves I used large Glue Dots, covered them in green glitter and then cut them into a leaf shape, very easy and glitter sticks very well to the Glue Dots. Here is a close up of the flowers:


The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge, so pop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog, have a peek at the inspiration and then dig out your glue dots and glitter and get glitzy!

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

12 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge Julie! Love your flower and leaf accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Julie! Could this card be any sweeter? Love those simple little flowers with sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat idea - love the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous card! I loooove it! I can't get over how super-cute this project is - with the sparkly centers and the leaves... just beautifully arranged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly CAS Julie, those glittery flower centres look like jelly sweets :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy way to use glitter. I love those flowers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card makes such a statement with the just the minimal of detail! Amazing! Those glittery flowers are stunning and the sentiment is perfect...this is a fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is so sweet! i love the flower treatment and the placement of your sentiment is perfect! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTALLY CAS--love love love those glittered dots! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! The glitter is just the perfect touch to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super CAS card!! Love your colors and use of glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...