Friday, August 12, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #15

Did everyone have a great time last week getting messy with their glitter and glue dots? Lots of creative ideas last week! This week at CAS-ual Fridays we're teaming up with Clean & Simple Stamping, which entails a lovely sketch.


The challenge is to make a clean and simple card using the above sketch.

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps.


AND we have a someone temping with the Girl Fridays this week...Angeline Yong. Welcome Angeline!

For my card this week a went very CAS and made a one layer card with just three items; cardstock, stamps and ink (well I used my brayer, but I guess that doesn't really count as a material).


I blocked off a section of my card base with post it notes and then brayered the color Baja Breeze down the strip. With the post it notes still in place, I stamped the floral image in Not Quite Navy. After removing my masks I stamped the sentiment using Basic Black and voila! a finished card :)


Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to check out all the contest details, prize package and all the great inspirational pieces the Girl Fridays have to show you. We'd love to have you play along this week and I'm sure Clean & Simple Stamping would love to have you play along with them too!

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

Floral Thank You
Cardstock: (naturals white) Stampin' Up!
Stamp: (Just Believe) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Tools: brayer, post it notes


12 comments:

  1. Love your one layer card and the color choice is so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft simplicity of this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this beautiful card! I was thinking about using this technique for the challenge too. You really nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one's my fav. love the brayered look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Love your stamping - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful OLC ... I haven't used those two colours together but now I want to try it. TFS!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove the colors!! such a beauty!
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! Your cards totally inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think the brayer counts :) I really love the shading you achieved with the background ink, and that silhouette stamp is too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah-MAZING!! This is over the top gorgeous, girly!! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card decent coloring sometime it is not important to use several coloring one or two color is enough keep up best of luck!

    Plastic business cards 
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...