Friday, August 26, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #17 - Luck o' Irish!

Well, you've done the "rub" challenge, how about we try the "stick" challenge?


The challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays is all about STICKERS!!! I'm sure everyone can play along with this challenge because everyone must have stickers in their stash :) So let's see your fab clean and simple projects using stickers!

Our sponsor this week is SRM Stickers who gave the Girl Fridays some product to play with. I have never used their stickers until now, but I can assure you they are fab! Nice and see through so your edges blend right into your projects. Be sure to stop by CAS-ual Fridays to check out the prize package.



I had a couple tries at this challenge because I don't usually work with stickers and I found my initial ideas were too un-CAS, so I started from scratch and went with just using one of their sweet sayings or words in this case.


I found a clover pattern on the internet and used that to make my pattern. After I cut the clover out of kraft cardstock I popped it off a green piece so the green would show through. I used a black marker to make the dots around the clover edge and cut a white strip to put my word sticker on and glued it across the front.

The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what everyone makes with their stickers, so be sure to stop over at CAS-ual Fridays and have a peek around and then play along!

Lucky Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!; (Leapfrog, Lily White) Bazzill Basics
Sticker: (Lucky) SRM Stickers
Other: foam mounts, black marker

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

15 comments:

  1. LOVE how you used the stickers--such a pro!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet and simple, and what a way to pack a punch. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! Love the huge shamrock. I don't use stickers either but you have certainly inspired me with this cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous card! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love this card! Julie this is such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to use a shape...turn it into a aperture! just love the green peeking through the Kraft and a great sentiment label too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great image! I love the dimension. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHH! Just fabulous, Julie!! LOVE the kraft and green color combo--and what a fun set of stickers you received! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so creative, love it!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect sentiment to go with your clover! Very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a perfect card! love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too perfect! LOVE that bit of textured cardstock! Stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, perfectly CAS. I like the idea of using stickers for the sentiment on a card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just marvelous Julie! Love the wee dots and the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...