Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Exciting NEWS to share!

Today is the day that I finally get to share another creative opportunity! I'm on the design team for MARKET STREET STAMPS!!! Whoo-hoo!


This is my very first design team position for a stamp company and I am UBER excited because I LOVE Market Street stamps! Keep a close eye on the Market Street Stamps  blog today because they will be announcing a new designer every hour AND you'll have the chance to win each designers fave stamp set. My fave stamp so far is the June release, Gone Campin' and I've got a little card to share with you using this set.
 

 What's more cute than a bunch of marshmallows dancin' around a campfire? For this card I stamped the fire image on my card base and then paper pieced the logs and fire. Then I stamped a bunch of the marshmallows and cut them out (three with faces and five without). For the side marshmallows I drew on half their face. I arranged them around the campfire, glued them down and added arms and legs. The fire was then popped up using foam mounts (I added the marshmallow face to the fire as well) . Final touches were the sentiment and a dotted border around the edge.
 
 
Dancin' Marshmallow Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Gone Camping) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Other: black pen, foam mounts
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Julie

26 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! I can almost hear those marshmallows singing "Kumbaya." Can't wait to see what more fabulous creations you'll be sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGsh, Julie- this card is GENIUS! LOVE it! Super cute and super creative, girl! We are SO happy to have you with us at Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JULIE! Your creativity is SO inspiring! WOWZA I am loving this card! I'm totally smiling over here! So proud and excited to have you on our team!!! Welcome to the Market St. Family! :) Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Its so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cuteness and congrats on your DT position over at Market Street Stamps!!!! Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is just too stinkin' cute! I'm falling for those adorable little marshmallows now, even after I told myself I didn't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so darn CUTE!!! I love the polka boarder!! Congrats!

    Micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats to you!! This card is so fun!! I love the marshmallows dancing around the fire! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Julie! I think Gone Camping of my favorite Market Street Stamps set too (at least in the top three) and I adore your sweet dancing marshmallows card! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww how super cute, love the dancing marshmallows. I can see why this would be your fave set :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your DT position over at Market Street Stamps!!!!Love this sweet and simple card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower. Exciting news indeed!!! Congrats.

    http://blog.neatthings-boutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squee! I want to pop all those marshmallows in my mouth right now! LOL This is absolutely adorable, Julie. CONGRATS and way to rock your MSS debut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uber creative girl! I never would have thought of that! SO happy to be on the team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a seriously cute card...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being on the new MSS design team. If this is any indication of your work and style I'm going to LOVE seeing your creations. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! HOW CREATIVE YOU ARE!! I love how you did this.. SO VERY ORIGINAL AND ADORABLE!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to the team - I look forward to working with you!
    And that card is fabulous!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh- what an adorable card! So so cute. Congrats on the news. You'll love working with Angelica and Jorge. Can't wait to see what else you create with their fabulous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this card--too cute and SUPER CLEVER!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ackkk!!! This card is beyond amazing....it's just super super creative!! I love those dancing marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my WORD!!! This is so stinkin' cute!! Huge congrats on your new position, what fun. They are so lucky to have you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh wow! This little marshmallows dancing around the campfire are just too cute!!! Looking forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Those marshmallows are so freakin' adorable! You are so clever with how you use your stamps. Congrats on all your new DT stuff....you are very talented! Cindy ScrappyV

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute idea for these, let me know if you want to sell your set, I'm looking for this set.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...