Thursday, August 18, 2011

PDCC95 - Ribbon Bookmarks

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE looking at all the creations over at the Play Date Cafe each week? I'll say it again...WOW! So many different ideas! This week we have a lovely color story for you that has the colors navy, bubblegum and leaf green. Check out the fabulous inspirational photo:


Our sponsor this week is Avocado Arts and what a terrific line of stamps they have! Be sure to check out the fab prize over at the Play Date Cafe.


I decided to make something other than a card this week and I have been busy making items for a craft fair, ribbon bookmarks in particular, so I made one with the Play Date Cafe colors.

Here is a close up of the main image:


These bookmarks are super easy to make. All you need is some ribbon, a bookplate, two brads, some cardstock and a stamp image and the possibilities are endless!

The Play Date Cafe designers have some great inspiration to get you going and we would love to have you play along with us this week!
Ribbon Bookmark (all supplies Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: naturals white
Stamp: Happy Harmony
Ink: Regal Rose, Pear Pizazz
Ribbon: Night of Navy (satin and grosgrain)
Other: Bookplate (hodgepodge hardware)

Thanks for stopping by and see you over at the cafe!
Julie

10 comments:

  1. A fun take on the challenge... I know several people that would love one of these cutie bookmarks. Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Julie you are sooo creative!!! I adore this beautiful bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and sooooo clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! Just gorgeous! I love your ribbon--how did you get your ribbon to look navy in your pic! Promise my floss is this dark! OY to photos!!

    LOVE your take on this color story:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing people thinking outside the box so to speak. Fantastic idea and must say looked like an altered watch strap from the image on the PDCC site.
    Thank you so much for the inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty Julie! I love,love,love silver and navy blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! This is a wonderful gift. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Happy Harmony set; always will. At first, I thought this was a bracelet! It's lovely as a bookmark, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! LOVE these colors combined with silver! Such a touch of elegance! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea Julie, so creative! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...