Thursday, August 11, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #94 with Practicing Creativity Designs

Wow! There were so many beautiful entreies in the gallery last week, I had a blast at looking at all the creations. This week color story at The Play Date Cafe is such a nice rich palette, featuring the colors Fudge, Goldenrod and Teal. Check out the inspirational photo:



This week's sponsor is Practicing Creativity Designs! They have a beautiful selection of stamps that I urge you to check out, love them :)



The Play Date Cafe designers received some product to play with and I got to use the Nature's Wonders stamp set. Here is a CAS sympathy card I came up with:


This was a really easy card to make. I found cardstock in the three colors and stamped one of the silhouette images on each strip in coordinating ink. Then I glued them in a row on my white card base, leaving just enough room to stamp the word sympathy at the bottom in the color early espresso. The smaller sentiment was stamped directly above in the color not quite navy.

We would love to have you play along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week. The other Play Date Cafe designers have some great inspirational pieces for you to look at in an array of styles!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day :)
Julie

With Deepest Sympathy
Cardstock: (Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Nature's Wonders) Practicing Creativity Designs
Ink: (Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely love what you've done with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Julie - and great idea for a sympathy card design. I should CASE this to have some on hand, it's always so hard to make them when you really need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I love this!!!! Great design and love the sentiment fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome CAS creation, Julie...the colors are simply perfect the way you've arranged them and the silhoutted images are so serene! The perfect stamps for a sympathy card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tone on tone stamping. Very pretty and CAS too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and calm feeling sympathy card! I like how you used the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I like the modern floral look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card, very calm and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous CAS card Julie :) I think it is such an appropriate design for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card!! Love the simplicity!!
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this a great stamp set?? Love how you used it on the blocks of color, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE those panels of color, Julie! What a fantastic use of that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the colours you used - I tend to stick in a colour rut for sympathy cards, and this is subdued but not washed out...if that makes sense? Sigh. Me likey, is what I'm getting at! lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...