Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What Every Camper Should Have

Hello everyone! It's my first post as a design team member for Market Street Stamps *insert squeal* :) Today's project I have to share with you is a non-card project for all you campers out there. If you bring this on your camping trip and nothing else you'll be a-okay! Well, not really lol, but it would make a great little gift :) I've used my current fave set, 'Gone Campin' to make a camper's survival kit. Here's a pic of the project in its entirety:
I had this idea rolling around in my head ever since I bought this set and couldn't wait to get working on it, I think it will make a great little gift for some camper friends. I started off with a galvanized bucket from the dollar store, my original intention was to stamp the images on the bucket, but I couldn't get a food stamp transfer onto the bucket . So, I made a title panel to stick to it instead. Here is a close up of the panel:


 I took some kraft color cardstock and ran it through my printer to get the title and then stamped the images from the 'Gone Campin' set over top. I paper pieced the fire image just to give the panel some color and then mounted it on an orange and red mat. A good couple of strips of tacky tape fastened the panel to the bucket.
For the goodies inside the bucket, I made tags for each bag to match what was inside each bag. Here is the campfire bag:


Some newspaper and matches to get that campfire started (you could add some kindling to the bag just in case there may not be any dry wood around). For the tag I used the same font as the title panel and ran the tag through my printer. Then I stamped the fire image in black and paper pieced the fire and logs over top. A black marker was used to make a dotted border around the edge. Finishing touches were an eyelet and some baker's twine to attach the tag.
Next up is the 'bug be gone' bag which has some bug spray and mosquito coils:

As annoying as mosquitoes are, this little guy from the Gone Campin' set is uber cute! I used the same method for the other tags, except when I paper pieced this one together I used some vellum for his wings.

The best bag out of the whole kit would definitely be this one! A staple food for every camper...s'mores!


Some big marshmallows, a hershey milk bar and graham crackers make up this bag with the marshmallow duo adorning the tag.

And last but not least...the one thing you can never have enough of when camping:

Yup, toilet paper. I paper pieced the trailer image for this tag in a simple blue color with a pink heart window.
Be sure to hop on over to the Market Street Stamps Blog and catch up on all the great ideas and tutorials!
Hope you enjoyed the project today, it was great be able to share it with you!

 Camping Survival Kit
Cardstock: (crumb cake, marina mist, whisper white, certainly celery, only orange, early espresso, pink pirouette, basic gray) Stampin' Up!
Specialty paper: (vellum) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Gone Campin') Market Street Stamps
Ink: (basic black) Stampin' Up!
Eyelets: unknown source
Fiber: (Baker's Twine) The Twinery
Font: (SNF Goody, Kim Hughes) Scrap n' Fonts
Other: galvanized bucket

14 comments:

  1. How absolutely cute this is! What cute images...I'll have to check those stamps out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME work from your first DT assignment! You make me want to go camping and stamping...which one I should choose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic collection of items - perfect for camping! Such a cute idea and love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, this is so stinkin' cute!! And super clever!! I totally get the s'mores kit, but I never would have thought of those other items - you're brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable is this??? I love it! We had a miserable camping trip a few weeks ago (rain, bugs, ugh) and the only thing NOT in here we could have used would have been alcohol ;) lol
    I love this stamp set too - those marshmallows are so cute, and that's the world's single mosquito I might like. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER cute! LOVE all the ways you used those stamps! Note to self--bookmark this post for inspiration! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O..M..G!!!!!!! I love this!!! Would you consider selling those tags?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love all the different elements. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Julie! Awesome project for the DT post assignment! Just so many fun and amazing details you've added into this!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun, love your survival kit...I think I would need the next kit up as a non seasoned camper!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and cute bucket of campy goodness! Love all of the cute tags and details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this idea! Just wanted you to know it was featured on our site today: http://www.thedatingdivas.com/food/101-camping-tips-ideas/ Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...