Friday, September 2, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #18 - What's Black & White & Read all over?

In celebration of International Literacy Day, we have a fun challenge for you this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
The challenge is to create a Clean and Simple project based on a book and use the colors black, white and red. You can use any type of book, children's books, fiction, non-fiction, whatever suits your fancy. We would ask if you could please include the book for your inspiration in your photo title when you're uploading to the gallery :)

Our sponsor this week is Paper and Such, so be sure to drop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to check out what you can win!


 My absolute, all time favorite book is Alice in Wonderland! There are sooooo many things you could make based on this book, but with red, black and white I figured something to do with the Queen of Hearts would be very fitting.

 For this card I used mostly my computer to make it. I took a bunch of excerpts from the book and typed them in a block. Then I added a shape to the text to kind of grunge out/fade away the edges (it's hard to tell because after I cut it out I decided to distress the edges). Then I placed a large "Q" over top the text box and then printed it out on white cardstock. After trimming it down and mounting it on a layer of black and red, I then cut out a red felt heart and added it to the center. It was a super quick and easy card :) 

The Girl Fridays have some fabulous projects for you to see and I can't wait to see what everyone does with this challenge, so many possibilities! :)

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at the break room!
Julie

17 comments:

  1. Phenominal take on the challenge and the book!! I'm wow'd by your creative edge on this and I just love it to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite card from the DT this week - its wonderful - and it screamed Alice in Wonderland. I love the idea of typing up exerts from the book - a real touch of genius! Thanks for the great inspiration :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea Julie, and great execution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely luv your card, your take on the challenge was "dead on"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute! LOVE your text and that large Q!!!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love the strong color, I think this is fabulous! Clean, simple, and oh so classic ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a bold card. I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it! Fantastic inspiration, and the felt heart is making me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this Julie! Love the big letter Q !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomely cool idea and execution!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card Julie, love the text design for the bkgd. An excellent interpretation of the story :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! How cute is this?! Love your take on the challenge, girlie - such a clever interpretation!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...