Friday, September 23, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #21 - Mostly Monochromatic

Another week has flown by and here were are again for another CAS-ual Fridays challenge! For this week you'll have to dig out your monochromatic colors for your Clean and Simple projects.


The challenge is to use three monochromatic shades of your choice of color PLUS Chocolate Brown!

Our sponsor this week is Stampotique Originals and they supplied the Girl Fridays with some product to play with.


I received "Daniel's Hearts" and "Thinking of You" to play with. With my image being hearts, my monochromatic color choice was a no brainer...pink or red. I had more shades of pink with my inks so I went that route. Here is what I came up with:


I started off by brayering my three shades of pink ink onto a piece of cardstock. After that dried, I stamped the hearts and sentiment in chocolate brown and sponged the pink panel with brown ink. I tied some chocolate brown ribbon around the panel and then mounted it to a chocolate brown card base.

The Girl Fridays would love you to play along with us this week, so be sure to pop on over to the break room, have a peek and play along!
Julie



10 comments:

  1. Sophisticated and gorgeous!! Love this monochromatic card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Julie, those sketchy hearts totally contrast the stylish ribbon :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome.. fun card... love those sketched hearts... very clever..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, the brayering is perfect for this challenge, love how it looks! So excited to see you playing with Stampotique stamps today :-) Thanks for having us sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! Such pretty colors and effect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun card Julie! Love the sketchy hearts and the gradiant color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your card is simply Fabulous! I love it! Now I need that heart stamp from Stampotique!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the graphic feel to this card! Would you consider entering it at the Practical Scrappers card contest? All the details can be found here: http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2011/09/our-biggest-contest-ever-come-join-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...