Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Fun for Fridges

Today I'm sharing a project with you that I like to make a lot...I will admit I'm a little obsessed with projects I can stick to my fridge :) So here's my fall themed, magnetic post-it-note holder made with a chipboard coaster.


These are sooo easy to make and you can make any theme you can think of! I first covered the chipboard coaster with kraft cardstock and then stamped Cane background 3/4 of the way up, leaving just enough space at the top to stamp a sentiment. The most time consuming part was the paper pieced flowers. I stamped the flowers from the Autumn Wishes set once on orange cardstock and once on red cardstock and again on brown cardstock. The flowers were cut out and assembled and then I took coordinating marker colors and went back over the flowers to add some depth to the images. The stems were stamped on green cardstock, cut out and shaded with a marker as well. To line the pieces up properly, I stamped the image on my coaster and then glued the pieces over top, popping up the front flower with a foam dot. The edges of the coaster were sanded and inked and the top post-it-note of the stack was inked as well. Using tacky tape, I adhered the post-it-note stack to the coaster. I stamped the sentiment in the blank space using a red color and added a twine bow to the stems with a glue dot. For a finishing touch , I added dots with a marker to extend the design into the sentiment space and on the post-it-note. Add four pieces of magnetic tape to the back and you're all set!

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed the project!

Autumn Greetings Magnetic Post-it-Holder
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Early Espressp) SU!
Stamps: (Autumn Greetings, Cane) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake) SU!
Fiber: (Hemp Twine) SU!
Other: chipboard coaster, foam dots, post-it-notes


6 comments:

  1. I was just going to say, how do you have room on your fridge? and realized your daughter is probably past the age where she'd like having her stuff there. I hope one day to see my fridge/freezer door (or even open it without knocking precious creations to the floor...)lol
    This would make a fabulous little giftie too - it's gorgeous :) I love those blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great make and so useful too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This turned out gorgeous Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific flowers and caned background, and great idea for the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. It's perfect for Fall in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...