Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #8

After being away for the long weekend, I got back and realized tonight was the deadline for Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #8. I LOVE color challenges, so I just had to whip up something for this one. The colors are by Bazzill and consist of Beetle Black, Lily White, Breaker Bay and Shamrock.


The only color I had in Bazzill was Breaker Bay so I had to use Stampin' Up! colors for the rest of them. I pulled out some of my new stamps (well new to me) from Papertrey Ink and my new fave background from Market Street Stamps, "Cane", to do a little stamp kissing.  Here is what I came up with:


I used a sketch from the latest Cards Ideas for Paper Crafters by Paper Crafts magazine and went from there. The flower die is from PTI and I layered the three sizes together and sewed a button on for the center. Using Fillable Frames #1 stamp set from PTI, I stamped the tag border in garden green and then stamped the sentiment inside with black. After gluing the frame to the card front I added two black brads to the right hand corners of the frame. For the leaves, I inked up the large single leaves from Modern Basics and "kissed" the Cane background on them before stamping. The leaves were cut out and tucked beneath the flower. For the final touch I sprayed some blue ink over the card base.

Hello Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!; (Breaker Bay) Bazzill Basics
Stamps: (Modern Basics, Fillable Frames #1) Papertrey Ink; (Cane) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Basic Black, Night of Navy, Garden Green) Stampin' Up!
Brads: (Black) Making Memories
Die: (Beautiful Blooms II #1) Papertrey Ink
Button: Stampin' Up!
Other: Color spritzer, foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!





8 comments:

  1. so pretty! love the sprayed background and the cane-kissed leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply spectacular! Love this CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Julie...love the speckles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I think my favourite has to be the spray as well - it's such a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the cane stamp on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Just wish you had a subscription button on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...