Thursday, September 8, 2011

PDCC #98 - Fond Farewell

I just recently came aboard the Play Date Cafe design team and I'm sad to say that two of our ladies are leaving, Libby Hickson and Tracey Kuzniak. As a player over this past year, I loved their inspirational projects and when I landed on the team I was looking forward to getting to know them better. I wish them both the best of luck in their future endeavors, whatever their path may be. We will miss you both!

The color story for this week is such a lovely color combo of teal, mustard and navy, check it out:


Our sponsor this week is DRS Designs and they were super generous and supplied us with stamps for our projects! Sooo many yummy stamps to pick from, I urge you to stop by their website and check out the great selection :)



 I made a simple CAS card for this week using one of the sketches from the latest Card Ideas for Paper Crafters magazine.


I wanted to stamp my image tone on tone, but I wanted my strips to being varying colors, so to solve this problem I cut 4 strips in different lengths of all three colors to begin with. Then I laid out the strips in each color and then stamped the image across all four strips. When I assembled the card, I just inserted a different color strip along the color pattern because the images all matched up (not sure if this makes sense, so if I'm confusing anyone I apologize lol)

The rest of the Play Date Cafe design team has some beautiful inspiration for you to see and I hope you all get a chance to play along this week with this amazing color palette :)

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you in the Cafe!
Julie

13 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I love the color blocking--your stamping and entire card design is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely Julie! I never know what to do with this sketch but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I'm sad we didn't get to spend much time together on the team! I'm such a fan of your work, ever since the challenge way back when that you made jewelry - it just blew me away. I can't wait to see what all you make in the coming months with the PDCC, you know I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all the takes on this sketch! This is a gorgeous combo, and I love the tone-on-tone look (and the explanation, which I *think* I understood. Cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable.. :) I love how you made the images line up, and the colors are wonderful this week.. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a brilliant design Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the color story, Julie! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Julie. It's amazing how beautiful CAS can be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way this color blocked card looks Julie! Great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice take on this sketch! love the tone on tone stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, this is beautiful! I love the movement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, you've inspired me with this card to pull out my tiny little scraps! Just simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...