Thursday, September 22, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #100

Wow is this ever exciting! The 100th challenge for the Play Date Cafe! Our color story coordinator Jaclyn Miller has a gorgeous fall palette for you this week, check it out:


Our sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn and they were very kind in letting us pick a stamp set to play with to give you some inspiration!


For my card I used the "Bake me a Cake" set, but in a different way. I couldn't picture an orange, yellow or green cake so I went with a graphic design instead and made a background using the smaller images from the set.


I started with a kraft card base and then repeated a pattern using the squiggles and swirl dot and star with the PDCC colors. For the sentiment section I glued cardstock strips of the three colors and then cut it using a label die. The sentiment was stamped in black and then I used the smaller squiggles for brackets. Once I glued this on the card base, I punched a hole through the end of the label and card base and tied a piece of hemp twine around the section. Finishing touch was a little sponge inking around the edges with some green.

The PDCC designers have some great examples for you and we would love to have you play along with us this week in this milestone challenge!

Happy Birthday Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Bake me a cake) Lawn Fawn
Ink: (More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke) Stampin' Up!; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Label Die: Papertrey Ink
Fiber: (Hemp Twine) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at the Cafe!



9 comments:

  1. JUlie, I love all those squiggles! Your card is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Julie. What fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute.. I have got to get some lawn fawn stamps...
    I love the background..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, Julie...love the CAS design and the stamping on the kraft...looks fabulous! And I love your awesome ticket sentiment...in just the perfect arrangement of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun Julie! Love the festive squiggles and shapes in these great fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie love what you've done to create that stamped background - very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that tri-color label! That DP is really cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a super cute birhtday card, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great and unique use of this set! LOVE the way your sentiment block panel alludes to a piece of candy corn :)!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...