Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #97 - Color Splash

Another fab challenge this week at the Play Date Cafe and it's one of my faves...color splash! Check out the gorgeous color story photo:


This week's sponsor is TradeFish Designs with another fab prize to win. 



TradeFish Designs supplied the DT girls with some product to play with and I got to play with the set "Outta this World" from their August release. It was my first set of spacey themed stamps and I had blast! :)


I stamped the stars using versamark and then heat embossed them with white powder. For the little alien spaceship, I stamped it on red cardstock and then went back over certain areas with a red copic marker to give it some depth. Small highlights were added using a white gel pen. For the sentiment, I stamped it first and then drew a explosion bubble around it using a black marker and cut it out. For a bit of emphasis on the word 'world' I colored over it with the red copic marker.

There's an array of inspirational pieces for everyone to look at over at the Play Date Cafe, so be sure to drop by and play along! Can't wait to see what everyone does with this color splash!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie




16 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOO fun! I love the stars on the black paper--and I LOVE how you highlighted WORLD! You nailed this color story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spacey card Julie! Great use of the spaceship and stars... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those embossed stars, Julie! The whole card is just adorable and way to go on the splash...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Julie! I love how you've done your highlighting, it works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the way those bright, white, embossed stars look against your FABULOUS, black background! Such a great take on the Color Splash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the red space ship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the space ship too - it looks fantastically coloured. Your shading...{mwah!} perfect. And I love the great 'burst' piece for the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow the stars look great and what a neat little spaceship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, love the spaceship :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received this set too; it's cute, isn't it? I like your "blast off" theme to this card, with all those stars lighting the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, I just LOVE the explosion bubble! Your stars are FAB! LOVE the spaceship and how you highlighted the word world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Julie, I love it! It's a real splash of color. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PERFECT in so many ways Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...