Thursday, September 15, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #99 - A little fairy told me you make life Sparkle!

It's Thursday! Which means another challenge over at the Play Date Cafe starts today. Check out the lovely colors for the story board this week featuring lavender, soft yellow and white.


Our sponsor this week is Paper Makeup Stamps. They provided the design team with some lovely images to get you inspired.


Stacy Rodriguez joins our design crew this week and she's cooked up a fab layout to share. Welcome Stacy! Be sure to stop by the Play Date Cafe to see what the rest of the design team was created and we'd love for you to play along with us this week :)

For my card this week I got to play with a sweet fairy image and corresponding sentiment. I have been collecting copic markers for awhile, but don't really know how to use them properly yet. I gave coloring a try with this image and the next time a copic class rolls around I definitely want to take part! I didn't have quite the shade of purple I was looking for either...more violet than lavender, guess my next copic color I'll be getting is lavender!

 I actually did some paper piecing with this image (it was a tad time consuming). I first stamped the fairy a few times on white and colored each image using copic markers. Then I stamped the fairy on my card base and colored in the image on that piece. I picked which parts I liked of the fairy best (based on coloring) and cut out sections and popped them up off the card base stamped image. Her dress, head and shoes are the sections that are popped up. For her wings I stamped the image on vellum, cut them out and glued them onto the main image. Some stickles were added to her sparkler and wings. I stamped the sentiment in black and then went back over the word sparkle with a purple copic marker. For a finishing touch I gave the fairy some movement with some black movement lines and a trail.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at the Cafe!




9 comments:

  1. Sa-weet, Julie! That little fairy is adorable and I love all the bit of sparkle around her! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's cute, Julie! I like the sparkle you gave to her sparkle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! I love that little fairy! She is so cute--love her glittery wings and how you have her floating above the sentiment--CLEVER:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that paper-piecing... girl, you were BUSY! ;) I love her vellum wings and sparkly wand... a perfect fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your finished card, the paper piecing has worked really well. Love the sparkle fairy and sentiment. Vellum wings are my favourite part though, really makes the card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job, girl! LOVE all that dimension and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! You coloring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet Julie! Love her sparkling wings and magic wand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...