Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tha Play Date Cafe Challenge #101

*If you're looking for the Market Street Stamps September Release, please scroll down*

 Well we hit a milestone last week with challenge number 100 over at the Play Date Cafe and now we're moving right along to #101! The color story this week has me thinking of antiques with its wonderful rich palette of colors using wine, smudge, leather and parchment. Check out the color story:


Our sponsor this week is Paper & Such, so be sure to stop by the Cafe to see what you can win!



One of the colors this week is leather and even though I didn't have the exact shade shown in the color story, I used an actual piece of leather on my project this week. Here is what I came up with:


  I had the design of this card all mapped out in my head and then I got stuck on the sentiment. My sentiment is a referral to the main stamp image being the music, hence my favorite sound. To make the main panel, I first brayered distress ink in the color antique linen onto a piece of white cardstock going from the top and bottom so the middle was left lighter. Then I stamped the music background with the same color over top. I inked the edges with the same color and ripped the bottom portion of the panel to give it that distressed look. The flower was die cut from a piece of leather and topped off with a vintage brad center.

The design team has some beautiful projects to share, so be sure to pop over to have a quick peek in the Cafe and we would love to have you play along with us as well!

Favorite Sound Card
Cardstock: (Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Basic Gray) Stmapin' Up!
Specialty Paper: Leather
Stamps: (Vintage Music, Simple Joys) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Antique Linen) Tim Holtz Distress Ink; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Brad: (Vintage Collection) Stampin' Up!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous distressing and I love that layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julie, love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Julie...love the vintage brad center to your divine leather blooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! This is absolutely, fabulously elegant! And such a perfect take on the color story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. The flower and brad is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the feel of this card...you can almost feel it just by looking at it--it's clean and rich--the brad is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...