Friday, October 14, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #24- Spooky Spooky

Hello everyone! It was so wonderful to see all the support for Julie Ranae last week at CAS-ual Fridays, it was truly appreciated! Today's challenge is a spooky one, Hallowe'en with one little twist...



Yup you read it right not ONE speck of ORANGE! So let's see your haunting CAS creations with no orange.

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps so be sure to stop by the Break room to check out the prize!


I actually added layers to my card this time, which is a little different for me as I like minimal layers and wide open spaces. I felt my sentiment being the focal point and big and bold allowed be to add the layers while still keeping it CAS :)


My sentiment is actually a letterpress plate I got last year and although I didn't end up with much of an impression, it stamped really nice. It's hard to see, but the black layer behind it is a spider web embossing folder and at the last minute I decided to add the itty bitty spider with the big eyes. To get the thread I used some of the black bakers twine and untwisted the white from it and attached just the black thread by sewing it on.

The Girl Fridays can't wait to see your ghoulish goodies over at CAS-ual Fridays and there's plenty of spook-tacular inspiration for you to peek at!

Trick or Treat Card
Cardstock: (purple) Bazzill Basics; (kiwi kiss, basic black) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Ribbon: Ribbon Carousel
Rhinestones: Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (spider web) Stampin' Up!
Letterpress Plate: (trick or treat) Stampin' Up!

9 comments:

  1. This is utterly DE-LISH, Miss Julie!! I adore that ginormous sentiment. Love your interpretation of the challenge, girlie - you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable. the tiny spider totally makes it!!!!!! and all that great texture in the background is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fantastic card, love all that purple paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of the Letterpress plate! Great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ribbon and all the texture! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOO cute! Great design--LOVE all the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is marvelous Julie! Love the purple and olivey green! And the lace makes a wonderful webbing for your spider :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...