Friday, October 7, 2011

Operation Julie's Smile


Hello Everyone! Boy do we have a fab blog hop for you this weekend! The Girl Fridays from CAS-ual Fridays along with 100's of other designers have joined together for this benefit blog hop titled Operation Julie's Smile. Here's the story...

The creative blogging community is coming together this weekend to help one of our friends, Julie Ranae. You may know her as the design team coordinator for many wonderful companies from bakers twine, die cuts, rubber stamps and more. What many people don't know about Julie Ranae is that she has had some pretty major dental surgeries in her lifetime due to medication she had to take as a child. It was in her plans to think about having all of her teeth replaced in the next 5 years, a decision that was pretty easy to plan out. But then it happened, she chipped her front teeth on a weekend a month ago. The dentist told her there was no way to save them and that his recommendation that she give in and have all her teeth removed soon, but for that day, they needed to get her front teeth done so her gums could begin to heal. He said he would
'work' out payments with her to have ALL this work done...but when she called to make her appointment for the first step of impressions, they told her the amount of money that was needed and that the 'payments' applied only to the two teeth that were extracted that day. Her husband Paul was with her and that too was his understanding as well. So this is how she has found herself in this situation...Needing at least $4000 to get started and another $3000 to finish the process...a total of $7000.

Nicole Rixon, owner of Sweet Stamp Shop put together this benefit after finding out about this situation and before Julie Ranae knew it, it took flight!

Because she is an event organizer by trade, she has taken on the job of organizing all the blogs in this hop as her way of 'working overtime' for what she needs, the same as if she were able to work overtime at an outside job to pay for the work to be done.

It is the goal of all of these generous friends and sponsors to help make this situation more do-able for our friend so that she can share a brand new smile with all of us soon.
If there is anything you can do to help with a financial donation, there is a donation button ready for you to click that you can find in the sidebar to the right. Any amount is appreciated and ALL DONATIONS will be eligible for prizes from our sponsor pool of over $2500! 

Yup you read that right, $2500 worth of prizes to be won and there are three ways you can win:
1. From blog comments left
2. From PayPal Donation list
3. For blog hop hosts

Now with a hop this HUGE, there is bound to be a break in the links somewhere, so if you find yourself lost along the way you can always stop by he Sweet Stamp Shop Blog for the complete list of blog hoppers and the prize list is there too.


Sooooo the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week in relation to this blog hop is based on a quote.



Our sponsor this week is the Craft's Meow, who graciously supplied us with some stamps to play with.


I got the set Timless Tags and decided to pair these with the actual sentiment and some yummy twine.


If you're hopping along the right trail you should have came here from my teammate's blog, Dana Seymor and if you continue along you can hop on over to my other teammate's blog, Jinny Newlin. Make sure you leave a comment here so you have a chance at all the prizes up for grabs and if you can, please make a donation so we can help bring back a new smile for our friend :)We hope that you have fun hopping along and remember, you have all weekend to comment on blogs, so take your time!

Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!






102 comments:

  1. I love this, Julie! Those colors really pop off the kraft so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Fantastic way to use those frames and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice user of frames, twine and sentiment! it pops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative use of those frames Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! This card is absolutely fabulous! I seriously love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might just be my most favorite card ever.... so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little frames are the sweetest Julie! Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to "frame" up the sentiments, and love the splashes of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A most ingenious and creative card. Wonderful sentiment. So appropriate. Well done. You are a good person.
    Jean Cross

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this rainbow of framed sentiments! So cute and so perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a gorguss card
    i want to case it
    hugs
    mallika
    would love if you will visit my blog too
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
    www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love all the Yummy Twine... What a fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, great way to use the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my goodness.. I just adore the bright colors and the twine matching :)
    I "heart" Julie.. and donated! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card. The use of the frames is great. Thanks for sharing. Linda Harris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is really pretty. Love the twine and the way you broke up the sentiments. Really a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great way to use those frames! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this card! Kraft paper... my favs, and color matching twine!!! It's perfect! Thanks for doing this for Julie! :D

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute card!
    Hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a new follower. Lovely card. TFS

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderfully fun way to use those frames! Awesome project :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card turned out very cute. Loved the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tags! I just got a cricut, so guess what I'll be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love everything about the card from the colors to the sentiments to the twine! You make some amazing things!

    Holly

    hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card!! I love how the colorful labels are tied with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julie...julie...JULIE!!! I am so glad we met...I am so glad we serve on THREE teams together and I am SO glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this! I love the bright colors on kraft, and I just got these tag dies, I need this set!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all the different frames!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely to 'visit' with you Julie, and I love how you've used these tags

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really sweet! :D Lovely! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all the colors on the tags with added twine, great job! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Lauren
    onestorydown.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely, totally FABULOUSness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colors! Love the twine! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is completely wonderful! I love the fun colors you chose, the yummy twine, and the way you broke up the sentiment to use as a design element. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic way to use the frames and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the colors you used! And the twine matches perfectly : )

    ReplyDelete
  38. This card is just amazing! Love the colors, love the design, love the concept!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a fun card! I LOVE it the colors really pop on the Kraft base.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice card, I love how you used the twine, the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute Card!! LOve the different tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love how you used the twine on those tags, and used the sentiment! Awesome card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cute way of doing the sentiments :o)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I absolutely LOVE the colors and the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Julie! Love the striking effect you've created with those coloured tags :) Fiona (madebyfee)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cute card! I love the twine!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin at gmail dot com
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. That twine with the matching labels are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  48. love all that colourful twine - awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  49. what a cute card. I love the way you did the sentiment like that.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful card! LOVE the colors!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Isn't the bakers twine wonderful to work with? I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a fabulous way to use label stamps! You are SO creative. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the clever use of multiple tags. I'll have to remember that for use in the future, especially on a longer sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow!! Fantastic use of the frames and the matching twine:)

    ReplyDelete
  55. I absolutely adore your card and the tags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. The colors are soooo fun..great card!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the clever way you used these sweet tags, Julie! Wonderful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Sweet tag sentiment card! & for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the colors, and the added twine makes this card stand out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great card! I love the colors and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love all the tags and colors. What a great idea to spread the sentiment out.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Julie! My favorite one I've seen on the hop! Love those labels so much.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the colors!
    ~ky
    scrapacat at yahoo dot com
    http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the tags paired with the twine. Perfect sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I absolutely LOVE your card!!! Thank you for being apart of such a great hop and cause!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a great card for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very sweet of you to join this great operation....hope it is successful. I am doing my part by participating in the blog hop.

    Love the colors, the twine and the whole darn card.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  68. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  69. How Beautiful is this thanks for sharing
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love your card. Love your use of colours, frames and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  71. love this card, fabulous!
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks for sharing your creativity. It's so cute. Here's to Julie's new smile.

    Wendy K
    Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  73. very clever and cute - great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the labels and the twine- very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  75. such a clever card design, julie!

    ReplyDelete
  76. love the twine and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love all those labels and colors'
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great card! Love all that twine! Fun colors.
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  79. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this! The Twine is scrumptious, and those colorful frames on a field of kraft... Be still my little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Beautifully done--gorgeous frames and design! I LOVE the twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Love the bright colors and the sentiment is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Adorable card! The colours look fabulous on the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I could have sworn I'd left comments on everyone's projects on CAS/PDCC, but I'm not so sure I did now lol (must be my age!) Love your card, the little frames look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the color tags and twine against the kraft - this card is absolutely perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Definitely my favourite this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Ooooo this is just SO dang cute!! I love the colorful tags and twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hi Julie! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to stop by... the days just zoom by! But I want you to know I LOVE your card... the Kraft, the twine matching the labels, and your own special greeting! Thank you SO much for showcasing this TCM stamp set in such an awesome way!

    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Owner of The Craft's Meow

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...