Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge




I've never participated in a Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, but when I saw the inspiration photo, I just had to give my idea a whirl :) Here is what the inspirational photo looks like:


I was inspired by the tomato shape, sewing, push pins, the color scheme and FABRIC! Here is what I came up with:


I paper pieced these little guys together except I used fabric. For the card base I hand stitched a cream colored piece of fabric and then stuck my little bunch of tomatoes onto the fabric panel. The sentiment is a mix of words from the Sentiment Sampler set. I wanted to incorporate some pincushions in there somewhere, so I made mini ones for stick pins using leftover fabric.  Here is a close up of the stick pins:


This card was so fun to make, I think I will be trying more fabric piecing in the future :)

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
Julie









11 comments:

  1. Julie, I adore this card! It's so sweet...and the fabric is so happy. :) The pins, the colors, the stitching are perfect! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOOODNESS Me! I loooove this card--LOVE all the fabric! LOVE your little pins! LOVE your stitching! FAB FAB FAB:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow love the fabric Julie, such a sweet card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Julie! I just want to reach out and touch your card. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome and very creative.. I love that you used fabric..

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh, those stick pins are amazing! And fabric piecing? what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Wow on the fabric and your take of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that this was featured! All that stitching and fabric is AMAZING! Great take on the photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...