Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #103

Hello my crafting friends! So glad you are joining us again this week at the Play Date Cafe for another FAN-TABULOUS color story! Check out the colors of rust, storm and deep sea :



Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps, be sure to pop on over to the Cafe to see what the prize is!



For my card this week I tried not use any other colors than the three in the color story, but I ended up using a  wee bit of black for the sentiment.


I chose the three colors in cardstock and then stamped background stamps on the cardstock in matching ink colors. Then I just randomly jut sections and pieced them back together on the card front. The sentiment was easy peasy, just used some leftover chipboard letters, inked them black and stuck em' on :)

Thanks for stopping by and the Play Date Cafe design team would love to see your take on this challenge over in the gallery :)

Dad Card
Cardstock: (Really Rust, Taken with Teal, Basic Gray) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Vintage Music, Vintage Notepad, Argyle) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Really Rust, Taken with Teal, Basic Gray, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Other: chipboard letters

6 comments:

  1. Great graphic style! A wonderful quick card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love this color blocked card---LOVE the music stamping!! And I LOVE your alphas--I'm a HUGE fan of letters right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to echo what Deb said. Such great, graphic style! LOVE it, girl! Fantastic, guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Julie...looks kinda modern with the color blocking you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent card Julie!! Love how you did the background :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...