Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playing with Paper Smooches...FINALLY!

Ever since the Paper Smooches stamp line launched, I've been buying sets here and there, but haven't really inked any of them. I've been..well...collecting them because they are just darn cute! Finally I had a reason to dig out a set I've been longing to try forever...Surf & Turf. My daughter wanted a birthday card for a friend that would hold a gift card and she wanted the card to MATCH the gift card. Well the gift card had a bunch of cartoon-y, cute fishes so here's what I made:

 I've been on a paper piecing kick and decided to create a little fishy scene with one fish saying the phrase "Glug bloop" lol. The gift card fits under the waves as the scene is a pocket. I stamped all the pieces on colored cardstock except for the fishes. They were stamped on white and colored in using copics. Here is a close up of the ocean floor.

 For the rocks, I used the top off a cupcake and candy apple from the "Sugar Rush" set. I outlined around all the pieces in the water with a blue copic marker to give it some extra dimension and added crystal effects to the bubbles and word bubble. The sentiment was printed off the computer using the font SNF Goody by Kim Hughes. Here's what the inside of the card looks like:

 For the inside, I printed the sentiment from the computer using the SNF Goody font again and then added a little fish.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my little fishy scene!

Fishy Gift Card Holder
Cardstock: (Cool Carribbean, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz, Basic Gray, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Surf & Turf, Sugar Rush) Paper Smooches; (word bubble) Studio G
Ink: (Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Copics: B00 Frost Blue, B01 Mint Blue, B02 Robin's Egg Blue, V04 Lilac, V06 Lavender, R46 Strong Red, YG03 Yellow Green
Font: SNF Goody by Kim Hughes
Other: foam mounts





8 comments:

  1. This is soooo fabulous! Love the colours and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got some Paper Smooches because you just rocked this card... It is awesome... I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the sentiment inside...Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA! I laughed out loud at this fabulous card Julie! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, the sentiment is hilarious :) I want to walk around and just keep saying 'glug, bloop' to drive the kids batty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So CUTE!! Love this to bits!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on that!! I havent bought any yet, but did get some digi freebies that they have on their site so that I can participate in one of their challenges until I physically buy them.. You are right!! They are so cute! I like to do complex coloring and stuff but I also like to do the simple cards with these stamps for kids.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...