Friday, November 18, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #29 - Karen's Sketch

I love the fact that we have so many designers on the CAS-ual Fridays team that can put together some pretty awesome sketches! The challenge this week is a sketch from our Girl Friday Karen, check it out...


Our sponsor this week is TradeFish Designs, so be sure to pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win!


Just a reminder that this week's challenge runs for two weeks as to give people a bit of break over the Thanksgiving Holiday.


I ended up with a cute little holiday stamp set to play with, courtesy of TradeFish and here is my CAS card I came up with:


Believe it or not this card was the result of a mistake....a very sticky mistake lol. When I went to stick my window layer over top with pop dots, it stuck crooked and I tried to fix it by peeling the layer off and it ended up ripping my poor little card. So....my fix was little triangles of white in the corners to "cover" the rips. I think I like the added corners because it reminds me somewhat of a picture frame....well just a tad :)

The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what you come up with for this sketch challenge and there's LOADS of time to play!

Thanks for stopping by and happy CAS stamping!

14 comments:

  1. Never a mistake, always an opportunity :) Love this to pieces and your little corners look like they Should be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The soft blue is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it is simply adorable, love those hanging lamp, what's stamp did you use for this cool lampion? thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious card! I was thinking...what a cool little detail with the corners, and then I read your post! Covering a mistake? I thought it was intentional! Isn't it great that most mistakes can be fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the frame and soft colors! Very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Michelle, there's usually room for a tweak in the design! Your little window onto the lights is just so sweet :) Gorgeous card.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just an AWESOME CAS card. Love your take on the sketch. Modern and funky and cheery. TFS
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the window you created with the blue lights! Your "mistake" looks like an intentional embellishment:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is perfect. I love all the white with the touch of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my word. Talk about BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL!!!! This is so very perfectly CAS--beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...