Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Paint the Town Challenge

Guess what? It's time to paint the town again over at the Market Street Stamps blog today. Check out the lovely color combo in this gorgeous inspirational photo, love all those purples :)


I've been dying to try out my Vintage Wallpaper stamp and wanted to do something a little different with it, so I dug out my watercolor paper and some purple inks for this project and here is what I came up with:


I stamped my three colors randomly on an acetate sheet and then stamped my image into the ink colors on the sheet. Then I spritzed the stamp with some water, just until the ink started to float and then stamped it onto the watercolor paper. You get two great effects with spritzing with water, your colors are muted and they blend really well together :)
The MSS design team would love to have you play along with us this month, so grab your Market Street Stamps and get inky with us! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this color combo :)

Happy Anniversary Card
Cardstock: (River Rock) Stampin' Up!; watercolor paper
Stamps: (Vintage Wallpaper, Celebrate Cake) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, Pink Pirouette) Stampin' Up!
Stickers: (Rhinestones) Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh la la Julie! I love this technique! The purple hues blend perfectly together - just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous effect, love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what an awesome look to the stamp... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Julie! Love the watercolor effect on your background panel. Also, a BIG congrats on your WCMD win! Can't wait to see your entry :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...