Friday, December 9, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #31 - In the Mist

There were some fab ideas in the gallery last week for CAS-ual Fridays for the Tic Tac Toe challenge, some that I intend to use for some Christmas cards too. This week, you get to get a little messy with your project :)


We want to see your misting skills! Here is the list of options for misting:

• Use pre-made misting products available at your local or on-line retailer.
• Create spray mist using a mix of re-inkers and water squirted through a spray bottle.
• Create opaque splatters with a mix of acrylic paint and water flicked off a paintbrush.
• Add fine water droplets to your background of distress inked paper.
• Utilize an airbrush system or marker misting tool
• Channel your inner child and spray ink or paint from a brush onto paper by blowing through a straw

Our sponsor this week is the Sweet Stamp Shop and they sent us some fabulous stamps to work with :) Make sure you pop over to CAS-ual Fridays to see what goodies you can win from our sponsor ;)


I went with the misting marker tool because that is what I'm most familiar with. I do have a couple of tattered angels products but I have yet to figure out the correct pressure to use on the pump so I don't make a complete mess! lol Here is what I came up with.


Very CAS and super easy! A misted card base and a paper pieced ice cream cone colored with copics. You can't tell in the picture, but I coated the chocolate sauce with some crystal effects to give it a nice sheen.

The Girl Fridays would love to have you play along this week and I can't wait to see everyone's misted ideas, I'm really hoping to learn something new or how to use my spray bottles properly :)

Thanks for stopping by and see you over at the Break Room!

5 comments:

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...