Saturday, December 3, 2011

Market Street Stamp Block Party -Stepping out of the zone

Let's get this PARTY started! A fab prize to be won AND one person will win a guest design spot for the following month. So hurry and link up your fab MSS creations over at the Market Street Stamps blog!


By now I'm sure most of you know I love to make two types of cards...cute as in little scenes or just plain clean and simple. For the Market Street Block Party this month I decided to challenge myself and try something different...so I did.
I'll warn you right now this card is very different than what I normally make and well, it's just downright dirty...grunge dirty that is :)


I got to playing around with the new background stamps and the idea I originally had, turned into something else. I started off with a white card base (yup there's white underneath there) and stamped the Mesh background in a dark blue. Then using the same stamp I stamped the background in green slightly off from the blue mesh. This is when the design started getting trippy to look at lol. Then I used the Gingham background and stamped it over top in a peach color. It was pretty messy at this point and then I just kept going. I rubbed Walnut Stain over the card front, with an emphasis on the edges and then I filled up a spray bottle with some chocolate ink and water and gave it a little spritz. I think I finally stopped when I couldn't see bright white anymore! I went with a masculine birthday card and colored some chipboard numbers black. Finishing touch was a row of black dots leading off the card edge. So what have a learned from this? Don't be afraid to get messy or step out of your card zone, because you just might miss out on an artistic discovery :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll load up your own Market Street creations over at the Block Party!

21 Card
Cardstock: White
Stamps: (Mesh, Gingham) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Peach Parfait) Stampin' Up!; (Walnut Stain) Time Holtz distress; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Other: Chipboard

5 comments:

  1. I love how you experimented with this card. I think it turned out wonderful! I think its a perfect masculine card!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out so cool! Love it when things turn out way different then what you were originally going for, but turn out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is awesome! What a fabulous way to create a background--and it turned out amazingly! :) I'm still scared to try...but I might just because you've made it seem easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL- this so not "Julie Day" but it is so GOOD! I love that you played around and got a little "dirty!" Haha! Super cool card- totally love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...