Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge




I managed to find a few minutes in this busy holiday season to play a challenge, the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, check out the inspirational photo...


I tell you what inspired me before I show my card, here's the list :
* Blue and White (I've been in Christmas card mode so I couldn't envision the yellow in my design)
* The close clustering of the picture frames
* The idea of a party or gathering
* The textures (ie. fabric - translated into hats and scarfs for me) lol

Based on the above ideas, here is what I came up with:


And here is a close up of the party goers...


Nothing says winter like the colors blue and white! My snowman party is all clustered together like the frames in the picture, well somewhat like the frames :) This was a fun card to make and a little tedious...there was a LOT of masking involved to get all those snowman to fit together properly. I used Copic markers to color everything, I originally was going to paper piece the whole thing, but that would have taken forever!

Snowman Christmas Card
Cardstock: (white) Gina K. Designs
Stamps: (Swanky Snowdudes, Hang Ups) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Markers: (R46, BV00, BV02, BV04, R85, B00, B01, B02, C3) Copics
Glitter: (frosted lace) Stickles

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek and my snowy scene!

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous...love it..

    I got my Paper Crafts Mag to day...Congrats on being on the cover...that is so cool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little choir of snowmen and snow women! Great use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! LOVE that torn snow--beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute.. love the grouping of the snow people.. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well all your masking efforts where worth it! This is so adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove this snowy family! What a wonderful idea!! Very, very nice card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers, Julie, my head is spinning at the thought of all that masking! The final result is amazing though and I can't stop looking around at all the faces. Those lips make me laugh. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER cute--LOVE all those different snowmen--so much masking, but worth it!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...