Friday, January 13, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #35 - Highs and Lows

Hey CAS crafty peeps! Hope your 2012 is shaping up to be a creative and productive one. Amazing ideas using chipboard last week and from what I gather a lot of us have huge stashes of the stuff that we're trying to use up :) This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is like a roller coaster ride...up and down.


We want to see your Clean and Simple projects using scallops!

Our sponsor this week is Annabelle Stamps, so be sure to pop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you can win :)


This week I was really trying to not stamp on my project to see if I could do it, but alas I broke down and stamped my sentiment. I dug into some of my prizes from World Card Making Day and found some neat items to use, and I'd say my teammate Karen Baker and I were on the same wavelength this week with card designs lol


A simple and easy to re-create card. I punched a row of scallops and then used a piece of a fabRip (sticky fabric strip) to attach the scallop to the card base and pleated the fabRip as I went. Stamped a simple sentiment and then topped it off with some hemp twine and a wooden button :)
The Girl Fridays would love to have you play along with us this week, so be sure to pop over to the break room to check out the inspiration and then play along :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

6 comments:

  1. Great card Julie. I swear I didn't see your card until I uploaded mine and then it was too late to make another! Sorry! I'd say that great minds think alike or at least I'd like to think like yours at least a little? Your colors are fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card-I've never heard of fabRip - it looks so interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your simple card! The folded paper really adds such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Julie! Love what you did with the Fabrip - I love them and have them in every design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is really beautiful and I see it often :) Thank you for the lovely words over at the Moxie Fab World blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...