Friday, January 27, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #37 - Laura's sketch

I was absolutely blown away by the amount of entries last week and the gorgeousness of the gallery. The CAS-ual Fridays gallery never looked so classy :) This week we have another sketch challenge for you by our own sketch artiste Laura Davis.


Our sponsor this week is Sweet N Sassy Stamps, so be sure to check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you can win :)



It's getting close to Valentine's day so I figured I better start making cards for that occasion. Here is my take on the sketch...



I used the Sweet Nothings stamp set from WPlus9 Designs to create my card. I stamped the brush stroke heart repeatedly with red ink and then colored in each heart with quick, short strokes with a pink color. The sentiment is stamped over top with black ink and a small rhinestone was added at the end. The border is just the small heart stamped repeatedly in red.


I hope everyone returns this week to play! I loved looking through all the fab creations this past week and I'm still strolling through that gallery and commenting :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

I Love You 
Cardstock: (crumb cake, early espresso) Stampin' Up!; (luxury white) Gina K. Designs
Stamps: (Sweet Nothings) WPlus9 Designs
Ink: (cherry cobbler, blushing bride) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Tools: (corner rounder) Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your pink stroke coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS valentine, Julie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Julie! Love the repetition of hearts in your main "window". I used that as inspiration for the butterflies in my card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Your coloring inside the hearts is Brilliant! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this is SO CUTE! Love the red on kraft ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...