Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Paper Smooches Stamps meets jewelry making


Hey everyone! Today marks the second Wednesday that I'm guest designing with the Paper Smooches crew and today I decided to do something a little different and meld my two fave hobbies together...stamping and jewelry making. I made two necklace pendants with the latest stamp sets from Paper Smooches. The first pendant features Vogue Adobe.


First I stamped the vase and rose and masked them. Then I stamped the hexagons in a mini pattern (thanks for the pattern ideas Kim). After using copics to color in the images, I then applied a layer of glaze and attached the image to a glass tile. To finish off the necklace I added a sterling silver bail and some thin silver wire for a chain. Here's a close up of the pendant:



The next pendant was a larger pendant and I used both images and text for this one from the Helping Hands set.


I started by stamping the hand and sentiment and then masked them. Using the small rectangle from the Helping Hands set I stamped a random pattern for the background. The images were colored in using copics and the pendant was made the same way as the first one. I used a heavier chain for the necklace as the glass tile used was considerably larger and heavier than the rose pendant. Here is a close up of the pendant:


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back next Wednesday for some more Paper Smooches projects :)

Rose and Hand Pendants
Cardstock: (pure luxury white) Gina K. Designs
Stamps: (Vogue Adobe and Helping Hands) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Color Medium: Copics
Other: (glass tiles, bail, glaze) Sun and Moon Jewelry; wire, chain

3 comments:

  1. these are awesome Julie! they are so beautiful...seems like they're lit from behind. love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my soul, girl is there anything you can't do? GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...