Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Skipping Stones Design Sketch #112

Today marks another week for a Skipping Stones Design sketch and what a great sketch it is :)


For my card this week, I used a combo of Grunge and Grunge 2...and made a masculine card. That is one of my goals for this year, is to make more masculine cards because I never seem to have any!


I started with a Crumb Cake card base and that paired up Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla and a retired color called Bucakaroo Blue. Using coordinating ink colors, I stamped two of the textures on the green and blue strips and stamped the woodgrain on the vanilla piece. On a separate piece of vanilla cardstock I stamped the woodgrain again and then punched out 11 stars. I stuck the stars to the larger piece in a pattern using foam tape. Before adhering the panel to the card base I distressed the edges with a pair of scissors. Finishing touches were a few splats in the corner and the sentiment stamped in black.

Be sure to stop by the Skipping Stones Design blog and check out all the inspiration and play along!

Hey Handsome Card
Cardstock: (crumb cake, wild wasabi, buckaroo blue, very vanilla) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Grunge, Grunge 2) Skipping Stones Design
Ink: (crumb cake, wild wasabi, buckaroo blue) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Other: (star punch) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Julie, this rocks! I am so loving the woodgrain stars over the woodgrain background! Genius! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome fun card...love those stars..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those woodgrain stars! You are such a clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love the stars and the woodgrain! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...