Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something different

I took a break from card making the other day and decided to give wire wrapped earrings a go. I found a simple design in a Bead Works magazine and gave that design a whirl, changing up the bead size and color to suit what I was looking for. I wanted to make the set in sterling silver, but I figured I'd give the copper a go first before I started working with the more expensive wire :)


The top bead is a round faceted amazonite and the rest are all pacific opal Swarovski crystals. It took a while to make these, but I enjoyed the process so much I whipped up some different designs as well.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great creative weekend!
Julie

6 comments:

  1. Wow! These are beautiful! Amazing work, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your jewellery Julie, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you make the teardrop shape as well? What I mean is the object the beads are wired on to.

    Lovely, I'm very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I made the teardrop shape as well. There are three parts to the earring that are wired together. The teardrop is one piece, the loops down the inside are another piece and the swirl part is another piece.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is an amazing design. So meticulous and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY WORD THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!! I totally cannot work with metal--you have a gift and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...