Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Love Kitty with Market Street Fresh Kits

Hello crafty peeps! Today I'm going to share a simple scrapbook layout with you using the January Market Fresh Kit from Market Street Stamps and the stamp set Simply Stitched Borders. It's been a while since I've scrapbooked and I've found that these kits make for a great base to get your mojo going. I kept it simple and used one photo that my daughter took of her cat Kiera.



I started with a plain cardstock base and then used some Smooch Spritz in the color blushing bride to add a touch of shimmer. The photo is large photo (6x8) and I wanted it to be the main focus, so I kept my embellishments minimal. The skewed frame is different papers from the kit and then I stamped some faux stitches in various places and along the cardstock edge.


For the title, I stamped the love heart image from the kit, but wiped the ink from the word birds before I stamped. I wrote the "i" and "my" with a black zig writer and added small stitches around the edge of the heart. The nice puffy alpha letters from the kit make up the rest of the title.


On two opposite corners of my frame, I stamped wavy stitches and added a button opposite the side with the title.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty week!
Julie

I Love my Kitty
Cardstock: (January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps
Patterned Paper: (January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps
Stamps: (love heart, January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps; (stitches, Simply Stitched Borders) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (tuxedo black) Memento
Stickers: (January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps
Smooch Spritz: (blushing bride) Stampin' Up!
Other: button, black zig writer


7 comments:

  1. ACK! JULIE!! You've been holdin out on us, girl!! LOVE this layout- you carried your card making style right over to scrapbooking! It's perfectly clean and simple! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO. I love the kitty photo and the title. 2D effect is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I love your layout so much! It's so beautiful and I really love how you masked off the word "birds" to add "my kitty"! What a great idea that could be used for all sorts of things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this page is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of it, yet it has so much detail that was so well thought out. Love to see your pages! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I love the stamping and the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...