Friday, April 13, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #48 and a BIG reveal

Well I thought this blog post would never GET here! Not only are we kicking off another fab challenge today, but we're also introducing the new CAS-ual Fridays Girl Fridays!!!! There are 12 new ladies joining our crew and part of our crew is going to be part of a special team ;) To get more info on that aspect, hop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see all the details! 

Our challenge this week is a very colorful one indeed. 


Pick two colors that are OPPOSITE each other on the color wheel and then make a CAS project using them. Our sponsor this week is the The Craft's Meow and they have generously supplied the Girl Fridays with products to play with.



I chose to use the Star Quality stamp set. It's a small set with big impact, here is what I came up with:


I used the turquoise blue paired with an orange. I stamp layered the image and text and added a small orange button to the star. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a faux stitch tool to add a comet trail for the star.

The Girl Fridays can't wait to see all the fab color in the gallery this week. Come on over to the break room and check out the inspiration, say hello to the new Girl Fridays and play along.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

14 comments:

  1. Julie - I LOVE this simple card. The layered image/sentiment is awesome, the tiny button packs a punch, and the faux stitching KILLED IT! I'm so excited to be working with you at CAS-ual Fridays! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is "simply" lovely!! That faux stitching is a wonderful and perfect touch...great card!! So happy to be joining you at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a brilliant CAS card Julie, love that perforated trail :0)
    S happy to be working with you on such an awesome team :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the colours Julie! Wonderfully CAS just as I like 'em! Delighted to be on this team with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Julie, this is CAS perfection! Love those colors together and that perfect piecing! I'm super excited to be working with you in the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun day for me and I am so excited to be on this team with you, Julie!

    Your card is fabulous. I love the comet trail and the color combo that you chose. I also really love the fonts in the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie this card is sooo cool! I love the piercings you did-such a fabulous visual and textural touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is CAS brilliance, Julie! I adore the pierced trail and the teeny orange button. What a thrill to be joining you as a Girl Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you paper pierced the trail of the star.. so sweet.. :)
    Hugs
    Alison
    Owner-The Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the faux stitching. Gorgeous design Julie. So happy to be part of the team with you at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie this is so cute! I love this CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is as cute as can be Julie. Love the addition of the tiny button!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...