Friday, April 27, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #50 and a farewell

This Friday we're saying good-bye to three of our original Girl Fridays. One of which (Jaclyn) I had the pleasure of working with on a couple of design teams.I met Karen and Laura when I joined the CAS-ual Fridays team a year ago and it's been great getting to know these girls better. I don't know why I didn't find these three ladies  in blog land sooner with their fab card styles. I know the ladies have great crafty things in store for them and I wish them all the best in the future! We will miss you gals!!!!


This week the challenge is all about flowers!! So dig out your flower stash and if you're like me, it's probably a big one lol. We want to see your CAS projects that are all about flowers!

Our sponsor this week is SRM Stickers and they were very generous in sending the Girl Fridays all kinds of sticky goodness to play with! Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win :)



For my card I wanted to incorporate the title of the challenge into my card and I oh so love the calendar stickers, so this idea was born. I went with no sentiment this time, as I liked the simplicity of the flower and wanted it to be the focus of my card sitting on the transparent flower calendar I created.


I made my card base and then die cut the flower shape. I then adhered the calendar sticker to a transparency and mounted it behind the flower cut out on the inside. The center flower is a smaller sie cut with some score lines and a button center. I popped the flower off the window with foam tape which allowed me to tuck a couple of felt leaves underneath. Some faux stitches around the flower and some simple score lines at the bottom to top it off.


I can't wait to see all the ideas that are going to "stem" from this challenge. The Girl Fridays would love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Julie, this is a jaw-dropper! So cool to put the smaller flower inside the negative! I love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cut-out/see-through flower on the card has a neat effect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Julie! I love how can see the "calender" through the front :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the flower die, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your card is so awesome...I love the die cut and the calendar inside...great idea...love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about "ideas stemming"... put the sticker onto a transparency. Score lines on the card base. Score lines on the flower! Thanks for your inspiration.
    Love your colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever and cool card! Great colors. Thanks for all the inspiration over this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outrageously beautiful card Julie!!! Very clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful!! LOVE the soft pink and your use of the flower dies...simply lovely:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Julie, love how you used the calendar sticker too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is one of my favs from you Julie! Love the little calendar inside the card with the pretty cut out window!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...