Sunday, April 1, 2012

Market Street Stamps Block Party



So what do you think of the new stamps this month? I love the coffee one and I've already lost my java junkie sentiment. I'm hoping it will magically reappear very soon! As usual, we're having a block party after the stamp release over at Market Street Stamps, so come on over and upload what you're working on while you're waiting for those NEW stamps to arrive. You never know, you just might land yourself a prize package or a guest design spot! 

I went to my monthly stamp club Friday night and we did a new technique called herringbone. I absolutely fell in love with it and for a crafter that never knows how to incorporate patterned paper into her projects, this was the perfect technique for me, plus it's a good way to chew through all those scraps!


I used papers from the January Market Fresh kit to make the pattern. For an added touch I paper pierced holes and then faux stitched the holes together with a gray marker. The card base is stamped with the background stamp Punched Tin. The center piece is an item from the January Market Fresh Kit as well and then I stamped 'happy anniversary' from the set Simple Salutations and then highlighted it with a pink copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great April Fool's Day!

Happy Anniversary Card
Cardstock: (basic gray) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Papers: (January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps
Stamp: (Simple Salutations, Punched Tin) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (basic gray) Stampin' Up!, (tuxedo black) Memento
Text Card: (January Market Fresh Kit) Market Street Stamps
Color Media: pink copic marker, basic gray marker
Other: paper piercer, foam mounts


2 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING! I want to know how to do this herringbone technique...it's FABULOUS!

    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! There's that cool pattern again and your faux stitching totally fooled me :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...