Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moxie Fab World Challenge - 5 for $5


Moxie Fab World is hosting some great challenges in celebration of the latest Paper Crafts magazine Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters. I had the honor of being asked to design for this issue and ended up having five projects chosen for the magazine. The household items category interested me the most and that's where 4 of my cards ended up. I had really wanted to try the 5 cards for $5 category, but alas I ran out of time. As soon as I saw the 5 for $5 challenge over at Moxie Fab World, I had to play along...a good excuse to go shopping at the scrapbooking store :) I spent a good hour at my fave store, Carsand Mosher and I probably looked like a fool going back and forth everywhere calculating things on my cell phone, but I had to get it under $5 with taxes! Lucky for me, I found some things in the clearance section :) Here is what I chose for my first $5 set (I'm working on a second one).


This pile consists of:
1 sheet of Pinwheel 12x12 patterned paper from 3 bugs in a Rug
1 sheet of Playtime-Sunny Side Up 12x12 patterned paper from My Little Shoebox
1 sheet of Upcycle cardstock stickers from Cosmo Cricket
1 sheet of beetle black Thank You cardstock stickers from Doodle bug Design
For a grand total of $4.78, taxes in.
The paper and Upcycle stickers were all clearance items.

Here is what I came up with for my set:

I'm assuming any tools we had on hand were okay to use, as I saw in the magazine that the corners on Betsy Veldman's set were rounded, so I did use my corner rounder on two cards. For the piercing I used a thumbtack and the distressing on one I used my fingernail just in case tools were a no-no :)

I must say this challenge was a challenge, but it was also fun! I found it very hard to just stick to the items in front of me and even harder not to use any stamps lol. Be sure to hop on over to Moxie Fab World and play along, there's lots of time! Deadline to play along is April 9th.

Thanks for stopping and have a great crafty day!
Julie

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors you picked, what a great set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a set for this challenge last night, and it WAS hard not to reach for punches, etc. Yikes! I love C-M too - so sad they're closing in Halifax, although I kinda prefer the scavenger-hunt set up of the Truro store :) Love your fun & funky set - perfect for girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards costing under 5$. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie these are beautiful! I'm pinning them - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking this up to the 5 for $5 Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...