Friday, May 11, 2012

Birds of a Feather

Welcome back crafty peeps to another CAS-ual Fridays challenge! Last week we celebrated the one year anniversary of CAS-ual Fridays and had a fabulous prize package for the winner including the V.I.P.'s.
The challenge this week is all about those cute, feathery friends that all show up in spring...birds!


We want to see your CAS projects that are bird themed. Our sponsor this week is Annabelle Stamps, so be sure to check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win!



I discovered I don't have much in the line of any bird themed product or stamps, so I ended up using the same stamp I used for a card earlier this week. I liked the design I had used for the other card so I recreated it, but changed it up :)


The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what feathery goodness you come up with for this challenge!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

17 comments:

  1. I love how you added the little piercing along the edge to give it a little extra dimension. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card Julie! I love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! The black images against the yellow...stunning...and the paper piercing...perfect touch:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black birds and yellow background. I also like your small details of paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever, Julie! I love the piercing touch! (BTW, thank you so much for following me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I love the faux stitching/piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your single layer card!!! CAS perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you dressed up the simple silhouette with the piercing. Simple, clean and very striking! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cool, Julie! And how clever to ground the sentiment with pierced lines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the simplicity of this card.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black on green is so striking, love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore the simplicity of this design

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and simple--just perfect! I love the way you emphasized the sentiment with the piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the simplicity of your CAS yellow card. Did you use a machine to do the stitching. If so I think I could do that without thread … no mistakes! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a handheld tool that has a rotary wheel on it with little spikes that you just push along the paper to make the marks.

      Delete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...