Friday, May 25, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #54 - Oh Man!

Everyone did a fab job on getting punchy last week! This week at CAS-ual Fridays we want to to see your more manly side of card making and make a masculine card using patterned paper :)


Our sponsor this week is the fabulous Gina K. Designs and they were super generous and provided the Girl Fridays with 6 x 6 paper packs, get this, called Casual Friday. I kid you not, that is the name of the paper pad and it is SOOO realistic looking! There's paper in there that looks like real jeans!


I loved the jean paper, so I did I cut out sentiment with the paper showing through and to top it off, I made a patterned star.


The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge, I know for myself, masculine cards are a huge challenge!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

14 comments:

  1. Perfect masculine card, Julie! I love the denim showing through the diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stitched around the edges to make everything pop. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Julie, the faux stitching around the denim is just awesome :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I think this is perfect. The negative diecutting looks great but the stitching adds just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!! Are those letters die cuts? Love the stitching around the letters and perfect choice of papers...wonderful, Julie:)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my KNK Zing for the letters. It was just a normal font I have on the computer :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome card, Julie! The faux stitching looks perfect with the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the stitching without thread, I can do that … I think :) Love the fresh simplicity of your handsome card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Julie! I love the stitching around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, your card is CAS perfect! Love the font and the die cut letters! Your added star is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and wonderful Dad card ... Thank you so much for dropping over and leave sweet comments over at my blog...means a lot to me.... I am your new follower too... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Redally cool card Julie, I love how you have the patterned paper behind the cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your CAS card. The bold letters are fab with the stitching. x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...