Friday, June 1, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #55 - Bling it up!

I can't believe it's the first day of June already, time sure does fly! Loved all the masculine cards in the gallery last week, I now have some pretty good ideas for father's day :) This week the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is bright and blingy!


We want to see your CAS projects this week that sparkle and shine! Whether it be rhinestones, glitter or even stickles. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, so be sure to jump on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win and remember this is also guest designer challenge week :)



Much to my daughter's dismay, I dug out my glitter for this week's challenge. A good portion of the glitter landed on the floor in my art room and she unknowingly walked through it in her bare feet until I pointed it out to her (hehe) She's the only girl I know that has a serious aversion to all things glitter :) For my card I wanted most of the glitter to stay put, so I dug out some simple two sided tape and made a linear, glittery pattern and topped it off with a simple sentiment.


I'm looking forward to seeing all the bling in the gallery this week!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie













13 comments:

  1. so totally perfect, Julie! I love the colours you went with - and that sentiment. Happy sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops...hope you won't have glitter everywhere in your house :) I love these gorgeous glitter stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! But I can never buy these stamps because all of you Americans don't know how to spell COLOUR! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Julie! I love that glitter! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glitter strips Julie, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea with the two sided tape lines. At least you know some day your daughter will probably have a clean house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you made your glitter strips out of glitter! What a fantastic mess!! So CAS beautiful, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! I thought for sure your strips were glittery paper until I read how you did it and how you annoyed your daughter (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Julie! The glitter strips are soooo creative with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, Julie! I love the graphic but girly design and all the fabby white space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..that card is simplicity at it's finest.. sparkling colorful and strong. I don't know why I have to make everything harder then it has to be. So much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparkly goodness!
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sparkly rainbow design. Lots of fun. x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...