Friday, June 15, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #57 - Can you see clearly?

Welcome back to another fun-filled challenge Friday with CAS-ual Fridays! So many fabulous ideas in the gallery last week featuring spots and dots! This week's challenge is all about seeing through...


The Girl Fridays want to see your CAS projects that feature acetate or vellum!
Our sponsor this week is our very own Girl Friday Karolyn Loncon, so be sure to stop by the blog to see what you could win!

For my card this week a dug out some acetate cards that I've had for a couple of years and after wasting 4 of them as I tried to stamp my image with Staz On ink (stamps slide nice and easy on acetate if you're not careful). So 4 cards later and in some desperate need of fresh air after working with the Staz On so long, I finally got an image!


Another thing I learned was don't color Staz On images with copics ( I had forgotten this), you'll end up with a mess! I colored the images on the back side and then added the circle with stamped sentiment on the inside. 

The Girl Fridays would love for you to play along this week, so come stop by the breakroom and check it out!

Have a great weekend and happy stamping!
Julie

12 comments:

  1. Your patience paid off...I love this card! All those sweet hearts are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for all the tips working with vellum! You ended up with a gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Staz On! It's a love/hate relationship really. This card is beautiful! Perfect image to use, it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Julie! I don't own any vellum or acetate, so I'm going to have to do something, since I LOVE playing along with CAS-ual Fridays! Have a wonderful day and weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a darling card shape for this image, and it's perfect for the acetate. I've never stamped on clear cardstock, but I'm sure I'd make a complete mess! Your image is so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is fabulous! Thank you for the tips when working with Staz-on. I have zero experience with it, so this is super helpful! I have only tried stamping on vellum once, without Staz-on and it was disastrous. Thanks again and fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet love, sweet card! So original and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable Julie! Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling!!!! I love that image and love that you made a mini card with acetate. So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, thanks for the inspiration to use acetate. yours is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie I love the acetate with the hearts, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...