Friday, July 6, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #60 - Text Me

Lots of circle to go around last week! There were loads of great ideas using circles. This week we're going high tech with our challenge, check it out!


We want to see your CAS projects featuring text, more than just a sentiment.
Our sponsor this week is the fabulous Simon Says Stamp, so be sure to check out what you can win for a prize at the CAS-ual Fridays blog!


I had this neat paper kicking around that was had an article about orchards, which led to this simple apple card.


I used a die to cut the apples and then stamped a mesh stamp over the top layer of the card. the sentiment was stamped over top. I attached a piece of the text paper to my card base and then popped the apple layer up off the front of the card.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone approaches this challenge as I loved what the Girl Fridays came up with inspiration, mainly things I would have never thought of!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love your punched apples with the text dp showing through Julie. I have to put my thinking cap on for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apples...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely PERFECT! I love the DP, color combo and cut outs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool Julie! Such a wonderful design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you die cut your apples and used the negative! The mesh stamped on top is perfect! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you go again, another teacher-like card I should have thought of! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's A as in Apple and Amazing, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the apple die's with the text through it. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Julie!! The apples with sentiment behind would be PERFECT to give a teacher or a teacher to give as a thank you...inspiring:)!! That stamp on the red adds great texture to your card, too...sweet:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, Julie! Love the PS sentiment with this design. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. Who'd have thought a negative image could be so positive. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card, Julie! I love the text peeking through the apple "windows"!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...