Friday, July 13, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #61 - Let's Strip

Well I bet that post title got our attention! We're actually talking about the paper kind of strips this week over at CAS-ual Fridays :) We want to see your clean and simple projects that use paper strips in either patterns or solid colors.


Our sponsor this week is Freckled Fawn, so be sure to check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win :)

Freckled Fawn


For my card this week I had the chance to play with my new paper and stamps from Stampin' Up! and I think their storytime line is simply adorable. I started off with a different card, but it had waaayyy too much patterned paper on it for my liking, so I scaled it back to a more CAS version.


I love the little duck stamp and all the other friends in this stamp set, they're really cute!
The Girl Fridays would love to see you play along with us in the break room this week, so be sure to pop by and have a peek at the inspiration and then play along!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

Hello Card
Cardstock: (basic gray) Stampin' Up!
Patterned paper: (storytime) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (storybook friends) Stampin' Up!
Markers: copics, black zig writer
Ink: (tuxedo black) Memento
Other: (faux stitching tool) Making Memories

13 comments:

  1. This card makes me smile, Julie! Love the darling image and how you showcase it with the strips of paper! Delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly reminds me of a children's story book! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) Love the funky strips of paper with the cute duck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweet little duck and the fabulous patterned paper! It pops off the page on the gray card base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous way to use these stamps and papers Julie and I love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a darling duck stamp. I love when a card makes me smile and I'm aware of it. So cute.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I just love that duck and the way she is quacking! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - the duck is adorable! Great CAS card and a good way to use up some of the paper scrap stash. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful card! The duck image is perfect for a hello sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your adorable little quacking duckie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie! this is such a cute card!! Love the duck...and the strips against the gray...perfect! Love the added detail of the stitching...wonderful card:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your patterned strips add just the perfect pop of color to your card! Love that sweet little duckling and the dark stitched border.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Julie, I love that duckie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...