Friday, July 20, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #62 - Back in Black

There were tons of great ideas using paper strips last week and what a great way to use up your scraps! 
This week we're venturing into the darker side of things with the color black!


We want to see you CAS cards that feature a black card base!
Our sponsor this week is Lil Inker Designs and they have a tons of cute stuff in their store, I especially like their dies :) Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what you could win!




With the black base card, I figured this would be the perfect time to try a technique I learned. With some white pigment ink and colored pencils I created this simple card.



It's a very simple technique. Just stamp a silhouette stamp in white pigment ink and then color over the image using colored pencils, pastels or chalks. You can add highlights back in with a white gel pen, I opted to skip this step.
The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what you come up with using a black base!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous coloring against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamp is perfect for that technique and beautiful colors for your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is simply stunning...love that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that set and that technique is beautiful on the black. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the purple flowers against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty....neat technique...will have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your night flowers Julie and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...