Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Market Street Stamps - July Paint the Town Color Challenge

It's that time again Market Street Stamps fans! We're kicking off this month's Paint the Town Color Challenge with one gorgeous color combo! Check it out!


Be sure to check out the Market Street Stamps blog to see just what you could win when you play along!

For my card this month, I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate as much as the gorgeous MSS background stamps as I could and then this idea was born...


I chose nine of my fave background stamps (that was a tough decision) and inked them all up with versamark. I chose the three main colors and stamped three backgrounds per color and then embossed them all in silver. I cut the best 1.5" square out of each embossed section and then pieced them together in a quilt block. Finishing touch was a simple sentiment stamped on a thin strip of cardstock and stapled to the card base.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes with for this color combo!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie

Life is Beautiful Card
Cardstock: (elegant eggplant, bordering blue, only orange, white) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (argyle, zebra, vintage wallpaper, punched tin, sweet lace, candy stripe, cane, honeycomb, pretty perfect grid, simple salutations Market Street Stamps
Ink: Versamark; (tuxedo black) Memento
Embossing Powder: (silver) Inkadinkadoo
Other: staple


7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Love all the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this card. It's given me some more ideas, which I definitely need as a newbie! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texture! Such an intriguing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiring colors! I love all your embossed patterns, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea. Love all those background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great how you used embossing powder to add texture and bring all colors & patterns together. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! The silver embossing on the challenge colors is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...