Monday, August 20, 2012

All about Trees

Today marks the first day this week in which I will be showing you different ways to use my stamp set Nuts about Nature. The images that I used for today's card are circled with bold, black circles shown below:


I love that there is a solid circle and an outline circle for the medium size and if I had of had more room I would have made solid circles for both the small and large circle too, but thanks to a super tutorial by the talented Amy Kolling, those extra stamps aren't needed :) To view the tutorial on Two-step stamping click here.

Here is what I did for my card. A cute trio of trees with an apple and a simple 'hi' sentiment.

To start off I used some thick white cardstock for my scene base. Using the wrong side of the small dotted circle I inked it up with pear pizzazz and stamped it on the left. Then I used the solid 1" circle and stamped it to the right. I then made a mask using post it notes to cover the two trees and then inked the wrong side of one of the 1" circles and stamped it for the large tree. The solid image will be a little less than the outline, but you can fill in the gap using a marker or sponging on ink. 

After stamping the solid part of the trees, I stamped the outlines and the trunks. For the large tree I stamped the straight trunk and then drew a branch going the opposite way with a marker. The apple was stamped twice, once on the tree and once on white cardstock to be colored and cut out. I glued the cut out apple over the stamped apple as I couldn't cut around that itty bitty stem. 

The background was supper easy. I just took a blue marker and did fast strokes going diagonally from one corner and then the opposite direction from the opposite corner, kind of like a crosshatch pattern.

I mounted the scene on red cardtsock and added a strip of grass along the bottom. The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock, inked with red and attached using a mini black library clip. Finishing touch was some faux stitching around the edges. 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop back tomorrow for another idea using Nuts about Nature :)


Hi Tree
Cardstock: (kraft, white) Gina K. Designs; (real red, old olive) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Nuts about Nature) J. Day Designs (Market Street Stamps)
Ink: (bashful blue, old olive, real red, pear pizazz) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Other: (library clip) Stampin' Up!, foam mounts



3 comments:

  1. Wow Julie this is SO clever! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to make your stamps go further. Can't wait until mine arrive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is fabulous! I think you did an outstanding job illustrating this set and I can't wait for my set to arrive! Love love this card!!! Thanks for giving my tutorial a shout out! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...