Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Market Street Stamps August Release week - Day #2



Are you ready for sneak peeks for Day #2??!! I'm especially excited about today's release as I get to introduce my stamp line with Market Street Stamps...


I have two sets being released, Baby Basics and Nuts about Nature. I'm defintely a CAS kinda gal and I wanted to bring that into my stamp sets. Not only do I love CAS, but I also like versatility, which is why I LOVE the Nuts about Nature stamp set as there are endless possibilities you can come up with for the stamp images that go beyond just nature. Anyways, I have three cards to share with you today.

The first one utilizes Baby Basics and one image from Nuts about Nature (the poles).

For this card, I started with a clean white base and stamped my poles and clothesline to start. The baby socks are stamped on pink cardstock and cut out and yes those little old fashion clothespins are cut out as well. To make them look like they are actually pinned on the line, I made a small slit right above the clothesline and slide one side of the pin down behind the sock. Topped it off with some grass strokes around the poles and a sweet little sentiment.

This second card is one of my favorite pairings in the Nuts about Nature set.


I've turned simple triangles into a small forest, complete with a little birdie perched in one. The triangles would also make great banners! For this card I stamped the Woodgrain background from MSS on the card base and then layered some dark brown over top. I used a masking technique to make my forest and then layered that panel on top of the brown. I topped it off with a simple sentiment, wooden button and some twine.

My last card is a super easy CAS card featuring the Nuts about Nature set again.

I started with a white base and stamped the mini leaf (there's a left falling and right falling leaf) and colored in each one with markers. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom and then made trails for the leaves using a marker. Final touch was using a faux stitching tool along the edges and connecting the holes with a fine tip marker.

Stephanie Washburn has another set being featured today (which I have to buy because it is AWESOME) called Growth. Pop by the Market Street Stamps blog to get a peek at that set and see what the other girls have designed for samples for the other sets.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop back tomorrow for the final day of sneak peeks!
Julie

13 comments:

  1. Awesome cards!!! Can't wait to see the entire set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome CAS cards, Julie! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely fantastic, Julie! I adore these sets! Such brilliant ideas! I'm going to have to pick up Nuts About Nature. I need those poles ;)! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards! They are all so clean and simple, yet so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So totally awesome, Julie! I'm a big fan of versatility within a set too, so this looks like a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie congratulations!
    Cards are great - so clean and beautiful - Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS stamps...love them Julie. I love the mix/match fonts on the sentiments. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Loving these sets! Such sweet images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these cards are wonderful Julie. I just especially love that baby one with the booties hanging on the wash line. Congratulations to having your stamps published. That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Julie. You are amazing!!! I'm in love with the baby card & the clothespin cut out, only you would do that, none of the other Friday night J's would.You must be so excited.Imagine I can now say that I know somebody who has had stamps published
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Julie! Your set are amazing and so fun to work with!! And, as always, your cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, congratulations, Julie! This is exciting news that you have designed sets for MSS. :) Based upon what I see in your creations, the sets are adorable. Best of luck to you in this new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to say congrat's too!! Great job I love all of the cards but as you know the booties are my favorite.Keep up the good work:)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...