Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nuts about Nature and Baby Basics - Christmas Tree Card

Welcome back crafty friends! Today marks the last day this week that I will be showcasing tips and ideas for the Nuts about Nature stamp set, but be sure to check back on Friday for my CAS-ual Fridays Challenge post as you will see one last idea for this set :) For today's card I used only three images from the Nuts about Nature set and I also used two images from Baby Basics. The stamps used are outlined in bold, black circles below.



I also used Essential Holiday Elegance for the sentiment as I didn't have a Merry Christmas in either set :) Here is the CAS christmas tree card I came up with.


I started by repeatedly stamping the large star on the background paper with the same color ink as the cardstock. For the tree, I stamped the solid triangle in green and then stamped the solid dot in red for ornaments. I stamped the trunk and star topper on the white panel first and then cut out the tree and popped it up using foam mounts. I used linen thread wrapped around the tree for a touch of simple garland. The sentiment was stamped in black and then I added faux stitching around the border with a piercing tool and espresso colored marker.

Thanks for dropping in this week to peek at my projects and thank you so much for the sweet comments! Be sure to stop by next week as I show you some different ways to use the images in Baby Basics :)

Christmas Tree
Cardstock: (poppy parade, white) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Nuts about Nature, Baby Basics) J.Day Designs (Market Street Stamps); (Essential Holiday Elegance) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (kiwi kiss, poppy parade, early espresso) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Other: linen thread, foam mounts

5 comments:

  1. wow...such a pretty card Julie! I love the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *adore* this my friend!! Gorgeous use of this incredibly versatile set!! You are a ROCK STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I love the adorable tree, the star background and your faux stitching! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stamps look great!
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
    Thanks to you, I submitted my splish splash card to the Moxie Fab
    challenge!! Ecxited!
    Great tip! Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...