Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nuts about Nature - Falling Snowman

Welcome back to another day using my new stamp set Nuts about Nature. The greatest thing I love about this stamp set is its versatility. Sure it's a stamp set based on nature images, but there is so much more you can do with the images. Today we're jumping ahead into colder months with a snowman card. The stamps used for this card are shown below in bold, black circles.


Here is what I came up with featuring a CAS snowy pair :)
I started with a blue card base and used the small solid dot inked with the same color as the cardstock to m make snow. Then I took two pieces of white, ripped them and glued them on for hills. The sentiment was stamped in black on one of the hills.

For the snowmen, I used the three different size circles and stamped them on white using a masking technique. For the face I inked some dots from the small dotted circle to make the mouth and the eyes are two dots from the large dotted circle. The nose was simple to make using the tip of the smallest triangle. I colored the tip of the triangle and stamped it and then used the base of the triangle to complete the mini triangle (see picture below for sample).The nose was colored in using markers, cut out and glued to the face.
I used the straight trunk for the arms, stamping it on the card base and then just drew extra limbs with the marker. I added some eyebrows to the snowman and gave the snowgirl some eyelashes and coloring to her cheeks using a sponge. After I popped up the snowmen using foam mounts, I added some movement lines around the boy snowman to make it look like he is falling :)

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back tomorrow for another card featuring Nuts about Nature, I sense some Christmas in the air!


Falling Snowman
Cardstock: (whisper white, not quite navy) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Nuts about Nature) J.Day Designs (Market Street Stamps)
Ink: (tuxedo black) Memento; (dusty durango, not quite navy, poppy parade) Stampin' Up!
Other: spong, foam mounts


6 comments:

  1. aww...that is one cute card Julie! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the tips coming! My set is coming tomorrow! (I think! he!) I love how you made snowmen....and their carrot noses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just adore what you've been doing with this set, Julie, but this one has got to be my fave! Over the top adorable, you, genius, you ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Love how versatile this set is! I would've never thought to creat snowmen (and women) with it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute card with the snowpeople...love the way you used the stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...