Friday, September 28, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #72 - Toot your own horn!

Welcome back to another oh so CAS Friday with another CAS-ual Fridays challenge and what an interesting challenge we have for you this week!


We want to see your CAS projects inspired by your very own blog header! Yup, your blog header.
Our sponsor this week is the wonderful A Muse Studio and what a great prize they're giving away this week! Head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to get all the deets on that :)


I recently updated my blog header showcasing a pair of my favorite earrings I made and immediately thought oh no! why did I do that? How am I supposed to make a card based on THAT??!! After much contemplation a took a step back and realized I was approaching it all the wrong way. So I simplified my thought process and brought it down to main colors and simple shapes. Here is what I came up with...


I looked at the three main colors of my header, gray, white and purple and translated that into my fave paint analogy.  I made the gray the largest amount of color so it's the gallon, the white I made the second most color, therefore the quart and the purple represented the smallest amount which is the pint. If you ever get stuck with color combos, a trio in the gallon, quart,and pint ratio work really well. Next I looked at any shapes I could incorporate and the earrings I felt would be best represented by circles which allowed me to add a little purple bling :) 
Soooo, long story short, if you find your self stumped, look at your blog header and bring it down to a trio of colors and simple shapes :)

I can't wait to go through the gallery and see how everyone draws inspiration from their blog headers, it's going to be a fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie 


12 comments:

  1. Wow, how perfect!! Love it, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Love your card, Julie! Perfect grey background with purple bling just like your header. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Your colors and bling are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw your card on cas-ual Friday and had to check it out. I was interested in seeing what your header was like. And such a great take on it. And that is such a useful tip for colour combos. I love the earrings-same colour as the stone in my engagement ring x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love how it mirrors in your blog header in a gorgeous CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew a blog header could be so inspirational! It's perfect, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS design~awesome pickup of bling Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful CAS interpretation...thank you for sharing your thought process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! It flows beautifully! Great job explaining the balance! What a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fabulous Julie. This is my favorite challenge ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love those earrings. :) But the way they inspired your card is brilliant! This is such a gorgeous color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...