Saturday, September 15, 2012

Market Street Stamps September Block Party


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! We're having a block party at Market Street Stamps this weekend and we would love to have you come and join in the fun! 
For the party I made a card using the new set "Growth" by Stephanie Washburn using an image and sentiment and one of my fave techniques, brayering.


For this card I started with a white cardstock panel and cut out a circle from a post it note for the sun. I stuck the circle to the panel and then brayered more mustard ink starting from the top. On my last layer of more mustard ink I removed the post it note to give the sun its color. Then I replaced the post it note and brayered really rust ink over top. I stamped the cat tail image twice along the bottom in really rust and filled in the cat tails with a marker the same color. The sentiment was stamped over top in black and I drew a small "V" of flying geese with a black marker. Final touch was a bit of ink sponged around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to pop over to the MSS block party and play along!
Julie

Missing You
Cardstock: (whisper white) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Growth) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (really rust, more mustard, basic black)
Other: black marker and foam mounts 

9 comments:

  1. Julie, this card is stunning! You did an amazing job using the brayer! The colors are gorgeous and the scene you created is so peaceful! Love it! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog post the other day. I'm a huge fan of your blog and I'm so glad that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie .This card is awesome ! The shading looks perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a deliciously inky creation, Julie! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice warm card. Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words on my blog, Julie. I love your stamps and card ideas... including this one! The brayered ink is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Julie! I LOVE this! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...